Monday, August 9, 2010

Whew!!!

It has been a while since I last blogged. However, things have been very hectic and crazy for us. Just a few days before the packers arrived to pick up our stuff, our orders were changed once again! Oh some of the joys to Army life. So, we are now at the new station and getting settled.

The house is still an older one. It is some better than the last. I have carpet at least. Dislike having my washer and dryer in the kitchen with no closet to hide it. On the upside it is behind one of the entrances to the kitchen. We only have three bedrooms with little extra storage space. Really hard when you are coming from a four bedroom or another house with lots of storage space. I had to give up my sewing room for what is now considered a sewing corner.. :( I am trying to be positive, but lately more negative than positive...

Hubby has begun inprocessing and seems to be feeling some better. So hopefully that is on the mend as well. His unit is deployed, but we don't know yet if he will have to go and join them or not. We are taking that one day at a time.

Kids started school today. I can't believe my babies are in second grade and starting kindergarten! Where has the time gone? I think they were both a little nervous this morning. I am praying they have a great first day and make friends and like their teachers! :) Little disappointed because Lillian has a long-term sub, which means she will get used to this teacher and then get a new one.

On a good note, the FPUjr. has worked great so far for the kids. They like it! :) Lillian isn't a big saver... lol   It seems to burn a hole in her envelope. lol   Elijah on the other hand has worked hard and saved just about all of his. He wanted a new bike. So, we had agreed to pay half if he saved the other half. Guess what? He did it! :) He picked out one this weekend! He was so excited!! We were so proud of him! :) oh he also gave some of his own money to help a veteran they were raising money to help build him a new house that was accessible for his wheelchair! Such a sweet hearted young man! I am one proud momma! :)  He was home and in no time with his new bike, was riding without training wheels! :) He was just so fun to watch him and the excitement and feeling of accomplishment you could see on his face! :) They both rode their bikes this morning to school. :)

We have found a new church as well. I think we are going to like it! It was a great service yesterday. Jeremy asked me was it church or camp meeting. ;) Although we know every service isn't going to be like that, but it would be great if it was! :)  We also attended one of the small groups they have on Sunday evenings, which was nice so we could get to know some of the folks at the church. Wednesday night, one of the ministers we met at TCC is going to be here preaching. I am so excited! I like him and his wife. He is stationed here but she stays in Columbus, so it will be a treat getting to see and hear him again. :)

Well, I am off to try to finish laundry and I am going to mop before I have to go get Lillian. She only has half days for the first few days. Hope you are all doing well! :)

Love and Hugs,
Lanitha

1 comment:

Barb said...

Lanitha,
I hope your year goes well. My grandboys are just a bit older than your children...one entering third grade this year and the other will be a first grader. They are so excited about school this year!
blessings,
Barb