Sunday, August 15, 2010

Army goes rolling along...

We found out Friday that my dear hubby will be deploying. Not a lot of time. Not much to say about it either. We knew it was coming and expected it, however, they kept changing their minds. I have to say I am still hoping they will change their mind again. I will have to admit, I guess if he has to go this is the best time to go. It isn't for a year, so that is a plus it is going to be less than six months even! Well, that is IF they don't change that either. He is going to meet his unit from here he is being assigned to and then will finish the tour with them and come home. Sorta a waste of time to send him if you ask me, but they don't ask... :)

I will say I have lots of mixed emotions about all of this.

Proud
Sad
Honored
Anxious
Worried
Nervous
Stressed

any many many more.. these just came to mind at this time....

Kids took the news well. I am still worried about them of course, because Bubba has been talking a lot about the soldiers deploying and don't come back because they all die over there. So, when I found out that we were going to be dealing with a deployment as well, I dreaded telling them. I think they took it better because it is for a short time and not a year.

The other big thing about all of this is we just GOT HERE! We will just barely be here a month when he leaves! I am getting settled fairly well here and don't mind the town, it is smaller! :) I don't have a lot of friends here, but I have met some nice people and feel somewhat at home at the new church. I think that still takes a while, but it will be just like last time. I guess that is part of that whole transition thing while we were there! :)

So, I guess since they didn't ask and the Army has to keep rolling along..... I am going to put on my big girl panties and deal with it!! One day at a time.. :) "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." Psalm 91:2

Well, I am off to try to get more things done around here tonight or maybe I will just watch TV and relax! :) Enjoy the video and music! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgeUrD4MHI

~hugs~
Lanitha

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Lanitha! And thanks for visiting my blog. I want you to know how much your husband's service is appreciated. Soooo many of my friends and fellow worshippers pray daily for our troops. May God bless and keep you and yours, as well as your husband, while he is away. I'll be praying! I'm your first follower!
blessings,
Barb Lukow
barbaralukow.com