Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy as a bee.... Update..

I am sorry it has been a while. I have been busy. In some ways, I have decided that is a good thing, other ways not so much. It is good because it keeps me occupied and I worry less. Bad because I have been soOOOOO tired! However, I hope it makes the time pass faster! :)

Saying goodbye this time wasn't easy.. As an update, hubby is good. He is working long hours and all. We don't get to talk much, but I sure do love when we do! Love it even more when I can see him! Miss him dearly!

The kids are doing good. E has been working hard so far this year and I hope it stays that way. So far, I really like his teacher. The other day, she really impressed me and I feel blessed that we got her. I hope it stays that way. I had heard she was good and really stressing reading. Well, today I saw her when I was leaving to give her the book I got for the class. Anyway, she said she meant to send home a sheet and show me how E had done. He did awful! It is on a sheet with sentences and he has to fill in the blanks with some of the vocabulary word or high frequency words. Anyway, we went back to the room and she let him do it again. I had talked to her before about a sheet like this how he has trouble reading it and all that. So, she had said she could help him with words in the sentences, but not the words to put in the blanks. She let him read this sheet over and fill in the blanks again, with her help and marked out the other bad grade with the 100! :) Now, that makes her good in my book! Not that she gave him a second chance, but she was willing to help him and told me about it. :) :)   I also have a teacher from church that is going to start tutoring him I hope next week. She works at another school here. Another girl, going to school to be a teacher is going to work some with him as well. I think.. So, hopefully things will get better for him. :)

L is doing great in school. Her teacher said she has really picked up reading and moving right along! I also got a note I think on Thursday that she will be getting an award! For always demonstrating Gator traits! :) So proud! I am so thankful (even if I have to be the one to deal with it) that she saves all the attitude and drama for home. Well, I hope she does.. lol

I have started my sign language classes and things are going good. She says I am learning fast and she thinks I know a lot.. LOL :) I am not sure about all that, but I am trying. I have been spending more time with the lady from church and she is teaching me more. I also went to a social and workshop with her on Saturday. I think for me the best thing is to communicate more. I still have lots of trouble reading their signs, but they are so fast! Now, if they talk some, I can do it.. but without voice.. I am so lost! I have met more of the hard of hearing and deaf from her as well. I went to lunch with some the other day. I couldn't believe how some of the other people around the restaurant treated them. You could see them staring and all. Just was a different experience for me. Then, this morning a gentlemen that has not been to our church in a long time, came this morning! We saw him yesterday and he said he would come. They say he gets offended about signs easy, so we were nervous. I told him that I was slow and still learning, but I would try! Sometimes that is all we can do. Also a lady that I met at the luncheon came to church with me this morning. Her and her daughter. They were not used to our church atmosphere, but I think she was okay with my interpreting. She is an interpreter, well of sorts. She isn't certified, but grew up with it and all that. Her husband is a chaplain and is deployed right now so her and her daughter have been looking for a church to go to while he is away. So, not only did I have a new person to interpret for, I also had someone who is really good watching me! DOUBLE NERVOUS!! She said I did good and I think she is even more curious how I am interpreting when I am hard of hearing myself. It is a "God thing!" That is for sure! :) She has said she will help me if I want to learn some secrets of the trade. :) So, we will see..

This week I have volunteered at the book fair almost everyday. I worked most afternoons. It was good, because I got to meet some of the other moms here. Most of the people I know are from church, not a problem, but I need to know my neighbors as well.

I don't know if being tired was just an excuse, but Wednesday night after church I had a complete meltdown! I couldn't get out of church fast enough. Then, when I went rushing out and trying to get home not only for me, but because the kids had school the next morning and it was already 9pm. My car was blocked in.. I waited another 10 min. before I could get out. I couldn't get the kid in bed fast enough. Then I lost it! Well, even before they were in bed I think. Which is hard because I want to be so strong in front of them. I hadn't heard from hubby and I knew he was moving from one place to another. Then, my FIL is bugging me and when you are trying not to worry and remember that "No News is Good News." You don't need someone always messaging you or emailing you.. "any news?"  Then, I had a flesh moment at church with my signing. I am really trying to do this and I have felt it was God's will. Not only me, but others say that as well. Anyway, just felt very discouraged! I wanted to talk to my hubby so bad that night. I just needed to hear his voice. After a good cry and some praying and worshiping to a song or two, I felt so much better when I woke up the next morning. :) I did go to bed a little earlier too, so I am sure that helped as well.

Well, I guess that is about it. I am finally uploading pictures from who knows how long, so maybe in the next few days, I will post some pictures. :)

Hope you all have a blessed week!
Love and prayers

No comments: